Pineapple & Banana Mini Cupcakes with Turmeric Matcha
Something green just in time for St Patricks day, Oops! That didn't happen but none the less. These cute little raw vegan cupcakes would be perfect for Easter.
Summer might be over but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy raw treats anytime of the year. I love matcha and I love turmeric and both are apparently ever so good for us. Making up a treat that used both seemed like a tasty to way to get them into my main man. He won't drink green tea (I love it) and I can't get him to even eat curries (I sprinkle Turmeric on my salad and love it). It's like, who doesn't like a good curry, and what a good way to get your daily dose of Turmeric?
And, just in case you're wondering what I'm going on about, check out these stats:
10 evidence based benefits of Turmeric
1. Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties
2. Curcumin is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
3. Turmeric Dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
4. Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
5. Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
6. Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer
7. Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer's Disease
8. Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplementation
9. Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
10. Curcumin May Help Delay Aging and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
7 Evidence-Based Benefits of Matcha Tea
1. High in Antioxidants
2. Could Help Protect the Liver
3. May Improve Cognitive Performance
4. Could Aid in Cancer Prevention
5. May Decrease the Risk of Heart Disease
6. Could Increase Weight Loss
7. It's Very Easy to Prepare
These little treats are super quick and easy to make. I made them with my blender. I have a Vitamix (no, they don't sponsor me) which makes making anything super quick and easy. The texture is always perfect. If you're serious about your health I highly recommend getting one or at least a really good quality hight speed blender, there are other brands but I don't really know that you can beat this trusted brand. The first one was made nearly 50 years ago and from what I've seen they just keep getting better. Look at it as an investment in your health.
The base for this treat is quickly pulsed in the large jug of my vitamin, then gently pressed into paper strip lined muffins tins. The smooth creamy topping is blended at high speed to create the luscious, smooth and creamy swirl. I don't even have to soak any ingredients before hand, as this machine just pulverises everything I throw in it.
I'm really enjoying using fresh pineapple in my recipes this year. But I have to be honest and admit I've been a bit slack and I've been pimping some recipes with the little dried sugar laden bits as well. But! I do soak and rinse them in hot water in my feeble attempt to remove as much of the white stuff (sugar) as I can. Same goes for the Banana Chips I've been secretly purchasing as well. 😕
The swirl is where the superfood magic comes together and ameliorates the few little diabolicals in the base.. Yes, that would have to be the super healthy Turmeric Matcha. My favourite is this Zen Turmeric Matcha It's always so fresh and vibrant. I must admit though that plain Matcha would have been better for the swirl as it would have been a more vibrant green and not this sort of .. you know... pooey colour. Let me tell you, I was quietly very happy with the lovely comments I got on Instagram when I posted it. Especially the "perfect swirl" comment. I was anxiously anticipating a 💩 emoticon! 😆
If you want a really pretty swirl then I suggest you use the star shaped attachment in your piping bag. That would be really nice, then sprinkle with coconut. Most of all, enjoy and don't forget to tag me on FB or IG if you make them.